From the famous Mount Fuji to the cities of Kyoto and Tokyo search for my blogs on Japan to get you inspired for your Japanese adventure!
10 FACTS ABOUT JAPAN
1. Japan has an array of vending machines selling much more than just juice and snacks. Search and you will find fish sauce, beetles, ties, umbrellas, eggs, lettuce, board games and much more.
2. It’s traditional on Christmas Eve for people to head to KFC for fried chicken, it is believed that 3.6 million Japanese people will dine out at the food chain.
3. About 70% of Japan is made up on forest and mountains.
4. Japan has the busiest pedestrian crossing in the world. Located in Tokyo, Shibuya Crossing sees 3,000 people crossing every time around 2.4 million people everyday.
5. Japan is accustomed to experiencing 1,500 earthquakes every year.
6. Japan is actually made up of 6,852 islands with 4 main ones: Kyushu, Shikoku, Honshu and Hokkaido.
7. Tokyo is the most populated megacity in the world, with 38.14 million people.
8. There are 110 active volcanoes in Japan.
9. Japan set the Guinness World Record for having the deepest underwater postbox, 30 feet underwater, and has received 32,000 pieces of mail.
10. Japan has an ice-cream that doesn’t melt. Well it does melt but not apparently for a few hours.